William Evans worked at A W Hawksley Ltd from 1947 to 1950, but it was 60
Mr Evans had been exposed to the asbestos whilst drilling asbestos sheets to be used in pre-fabricated houses.
The company accepted that it had negligently exposed him to the asbestos, without warning him about the dangers of working with asbestos, or providing suitable protective equipment.
It paid £92,000 compensation to his family.
Mesothelioma can be caused by exposure to a single asbestos fibre. It can take many years for an asbestos related illness to develop, and in this case it was 60 years from the original exposure.
Not everyone exposed to asbestos will suffer from asbestos related illness, but anyone who is concerned that they may be suffering symptoms should seek medical advice from their GP, who is likely to refer them for an X-ray or CT scan.