Simon joined Shoosmiths in May 2014 and has a wide ranging practice with a special interest in Fatal claims, claims involving laparoscopic surgery, orthopaedic claims and delays in diagnosing cancer.
Currently, Simon is also dealing with claims involving failures in diagnosing metabolic disorders, wrongful birth claims and Medical Products liability claims.
He knows that bringing a claim for clinical negligence can be a stressful experience not just for the injured person, but their families,and how important it is to ensure his clients understand the process of attempting to rebuild lives.
Cases that Simon has dealt with include:
- Mr O - Against a background of incurable cancer, negligent treatment leading to a below knee amputation and the urgent need to obtain an interim payment for a custom fitted prosthetic;
- Mrs H - Delay in diagnosis of lung cancer losing the chance for curable treatment .The claim involved helping the claimant and her young family move to suitable accommodation in time to build memories in the new family home;
- Mrs F - A delay in diagnosis leading to the inability to have children, and exploring the costs of surrogacy; and
- Miss T - A claim on behalf of her family to investigate her death after several months in hospital following a bowel perforation
- 'I was contacted regularly and made to feel that my case was important to Shoosmiths. Mr Towler was supportive and professional' - by a medical negligence client
- 'I was very satisfied with the level of service and understanding' - by a medical negligence client
- 'First of all thank you very much for your help and advice from Day One. It was fantastic and a good outcome. We are very pleased about it. I shall recommend you to anyone who may require your services' - by Mr Mistry
- 'The sensitivity toward Barry and I was exceptional and the speed at which this claim was settled was outstanding' - by Mrs Osborne