We promise that someone will get back to you to talk through your situation and explain how we can help. You can expect to hear back from us within two working hours and certainly no later than 10 am on the next working day.
Sorry, there are a few problems with the information you have entered. Please correct these before continuing.
One moment please...
Your submission has been received. We'll be in touch soon.
What is direct marketing?
1. Direct marketing consists of any promotional, publicity or communications activity sent directly to particular individuals or companies intended to promote the firm's products and services.
2. Shoosmiths LLP and Shoosmiths (Northern Ireland) LLP (Shoosmiths) carry out direct marketing in accordance with the Privacy Notice and legal requirements. Additionally, we have a brand promise to be "famous for the client experience" which places an additional responsibility on the way we treat our clients and contacts in line with their expectations.
3. Please also refer to the firm's Privacy Notice which can be found here. The Privacy Notice explains the basis for processing personal data.
Who we are
4. Shoosmiths is a trading name of Shoosmiths LLP and Shoosmiths NI LLP, as applicable.
5. Shoosmiths LLP (Shoosmiths) is a limited liability partnership with registered company number OC374987 and its registered office is at 100 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 1FH. Shoosmiths is the controller of your personal data when you engage it to provide services to you; this means that Shoosmiths decides why and how your personal data is processed. Shoosmiths is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number Z3279355. Shoosmiths LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA ID 569065).
6. Shoosmiths Northern Ireland LLP (Shoosmiths NI) is a limited liability partnership in Northern Ireland with registered company number NC001384 and its registered office at 2-14 East Bridge Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 3NQ. Shoosmiths NI is the controller of your personal data when you engage it to provide services to you; this means that Shoosmiths NI decides why and how your personal data is processed. Shoosmiths NI is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA219732.
7. Where this policy refers to "Shoosmiths", "we", "our" or "us" below, unless it mentions otherwise, it is referring to the particular company that is the controller of your personal data.
How does Shoosmiths use direct marketing?
8. Shoosmiths uses email and e-marketing via its CRM system "InterAction", combined with Vuture e-marketing software, to send information directly to its business clients and contacts including legal updates, event invitations and news on products and services ("Centralised Communications.")
9. This information is not sent automatically, and you are not obliged to receive it. Shoosmiths operates an "opt-in" policy for its Direct Marketing which means we only send you Centralised Communications where we have your express consent to do so.
10. Shoosmiths only uses email to conduct direct marketing. It does not use text messaging, telesales, post or fax to carry out direct marketing.
11. We never sell or share personal data to third parties.
What direct marketing might I receive from Shoosmiths?
12. Where a client or contact of Shoosmiths has given us their consent (via our opt-in consent process), we will use and process your personal data to send you Centralised Communications about:
13. As part of our opt-in process, you will be invited to select the areas of law on which you wish to receive Centralised Communications (there is no limit to the number of topics you can select as preferences).
14. Your opt in may also be used to send you details of our products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you, based on the preferences you have indicated to us.
In what circumstances would I receive this information?
15. You will only receive Centralised Communications from Shoosmiths (including information about our products and services, relevant legal updates, seminar and event invitations and other news/announcements) if you indicate to us a preference ("opt-in") to do so.
16. You will be invited by email to complete a client consent/opt-in process online as a result of:
17. We record your opt-in/consent using Vuture e-marketing software, including the date and time you opted in and exactly what your consent covers.
18. We do not buy in lists from their parties to use for direct marketing, unless we have proof that the third party has opt-ins or consents within the last 6 months which specifically names us.
What if I don't want to receive information anymore?
19. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any Centralised Communications to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using our Unsubscribe tool at the footer of the email.
20. Alternatively, you can also access an online preference management centre at any time www.shoosmiths.co.uk/register where you can alter your preferences.
How do you keep my details accurate?
21. We do not rely on your consent to receive Centralised Communications indefinitely. You will receive an email from us at intervals of no less than 2 years where you will be asked to re-confirm your consent and preferences for legal topics and disciplines to ensure that the data we hold about your preferences, and your contact details, are current and accurate.
Who do I contact if I have any questions about Shoosmiths' Direct Marketing policy?
22. Please write to the Head of Privacy and Data Protection at Shoosmiths LLP, 6th Floor, 2 Colmore Square, 38 Colmore Circus, Queensway, Birmingham, UK B4 6SH. Our email address for data protection queries is [email protected]. If you would prefer to speak to us by phone, please call 03700863000.